In this episode Rachel takes us into the world of ‘early labour’. She’s been promising it for a long while, and here it is. Get your lug’ols around this one!
In this episode we discuss:
· What’s going on physiologically during this phase of childbirth
· Beta endorphins and how they work for us during labour
· The neocortex and what is so important about this part of our brain as we birth
· Why women in early labour who attend the maternity unit are often sent back home
· Early labour and the maternity system
· How early labour interventions can be prevented
· We discuss birthing babies into your tights!
· And whether we can ever fully prepare women with prenatal education
Get 10% off Katie's Breastfeeding & Lactation: the fundamentals online course today with code POD10 at checkout.
Like this podcast? Leave us a review here
Want more from Katie and Rachel?
The information provided on this podcast does not, and is not intended to, constitute medical or legal advice; instead, all information available on this site are for general informational purposes only. The Midwives' Cauldron podcast reserves the right to supplement, change or delete any information at any time.
The information and materials on the podcast is provided "as is"; no representations are made that the content is error-free. Whilst we have tried to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information we do not warrant or guarantee the accurateness.
The podcast accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever arising out of the use or reliance on the content.